12 Days of Gratitude
At the end of 2020, I wanted to practice gratitude and re-value all that 2020 had brought. While resisting a lot of the dialogue I was seeing -> that 2021 would be “better”.
-> Appreciate 12 things I was grateful for in 2020.
-> Piggybacking onto the 12 days of Christmas, which run from the 25th of December to the 5th of January. (Who would have known? No, seriously, I had never considered; the song had always been hefty enough… no, I didn’t even think to make it singsongy 😅nor did I count things. Gratitude is best non-numeric). -> Identifying the 12 topics, cleansing the thousands of pictures I had taken in 2020 and posting 12 posts on Instagram one on each day of Christmas.
-> Reflect on 2020.
-> Turning away from demanding from the future (resolutions) to sealing the past (gratitude), and readying for life in the present.
-> Gratitude to counter indignation.
-> Cleanse my photo library. (>10,000 in 2020 🥲)
-> Post something on Insta for a change!
-> Set a yearly habit?
My 12 days of gratitude:
- Grateful to be home for Christmas
- Grateful for quarantining with my flatmates
- Grateful for time spent with friends
- Grateful for books & all the wonderful places you can lose yourself in them
- Grateful for wondrous places at our doorsteps
- Grateful for new friendships
- Grateful for Time
- Grateful for Cooking
- Grateful for living in the same city as my brother
- Grateful for Running
- Grateful to have frequented a local forest
- Grateful for Chaos (& the weather for bringing us different days to live)
What are you grateful for?